Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Lucky 7 Me :o)

tagged me over on her blog. She's introduced me to something called the Lucky 7 Meme. I'm supposed to do something really embarrassing. Share a sample of my unedited writing. Yikes! I figured what the hell. It's kind of fun looking at your story in snippets.

I decided to pull a excert from my revision of UNDISTURBED.

The Lucky 7 Meme:Rules

Go to page 77 of your current MS/WIP
Go to line 7
Copy down the next 7 lines--sentences or paragraphs--and post them as they're written. No cheating.
Tag 7 authors
Let them know

Here goes nothing:


That had to be a hallucination.


“Please, please don’t let it really be there,” I whispered. I would have preferred psychosis to any possibility of the flashes I’d seen or the fear collapsing my chest being real, but when I opened my eyes the card was there.

#

This was stupid, probably the stupidest thing I could be doing today, but I needed feel something other than sick to my stomach. My head was still spinning over my family reunion/ambush and Tony was my only diversion. I’d been sitting outside the boy’s locker room for twenty minutes and cursing myself the entire time. This wasn’t me. I wasn’t this girl, but I needed him.


(P.S. it's one line over, but I refuse to break an excert mid-sentence)


Here's my Tags:





Angela McClanahan

Dawn's Rise (Andrew Rosenberg)


4 comments:

  1. Ooh, is this from the rewrite?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! Such a teaser. Hurry up and get this published please :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did mine but no tagging. I have a strict no tagging rule. What I ended up pulling was interesting though.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.